Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cows and the Country




First of all let me say that Jill and I were raised in the country.  We grew up around farms and ranches.  As a matter of fact, Jill has even been involved in the birth process of farm animals.  

Our kids on the other hand have not had much exposure to farm animals.  Aside from their one time per year trip to Jill's brother's farm, they don't even see cows around here.  While we were at my grandmothers for Christmas, my uncle took my kids and my brother's kids to go feed the cows.  While feeding a couple of classic lines were dropped by my sweet Presley and my 5 year old nephew Caden.

Presley...She was interested to know who the parents were to all of the baby cows.  She would ask my uncle..."who is that cows daddy?"  My uncle would point to the bull and say "that one."  Then she would point to another baby cow and ask..."who is that cows daddy?"  Again my uncle would point to the bull and say "that one."  After several times Presley finally dropped the question..."Why do they all have the same daddy?"  My uncle quickly changed the subject.

Caden...The funniest question was asked by my nephew Caden.  After driving around the pasture for a while, he asked my uncle..."Why do all of the cows have price tags in their ears?"  Good question!

Out...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought cows had a super ingrained love of Minnie Pearl, thus the whole tag on the head thing.