Saturday, December 29, 2007

Time for 2008!!!

Well, Christmas is over and it is time for a New Year.  My family just enjoyed a great Christmas season and I am ready for 2008.  I always look forward to Christmas every year.  It is awesome to see my kids have such a great time (and they did).  We are still cleaning up the aftermath of Christmas.  Today's chores include purging old toys to take to Goodwill so we can make room for all of the new stuff.

Back to 2008...As excited as I get for Christmas, I think I get equally excited for a New Year.  The last few years I have not worked much (if any) the week of Christmas and New Years.  It is always a great time to recharge my batteries and get ready for another year.  By the time, Jan 2 gets here I am ready to go back to work.  

Like most businesses, my business is measured and based on annual goals.  On December 31, the big eraser comes out and it all starts over again.  This is a good thing when you have a bad year and a bad thing when you have a good year.  It is all about "what have you done for me lately."  Some whine and complain about this, but I love it.  It keeps us all focused and makes everyone more productive. 

Duck Hunting:  On a more interesting note...I went on another great duck hunt on Wednesday afternoon.  Five of us (including 9 year old Zachary) killed 17 birds.  Zachary T. killed his first birds with his new shotgun he got for X-mas.  That was just awesome.  Watching a young kid shoot his first birds with his new shotgun was really cool.  The rest of the story is that Zachary shot 3 birds with one shot.  He now has a great story to tell his kids and grandkids someday.

That's all I have for now....Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Zachary needs to go bowhunting with me. I could use the luck. Great job on the duck hunting. Whack em and stack em! And of course, Hook em!